PDR 4 and PDR 6
Water Distribution & Return System
4" AND 6" SYSTEMS
- Available in stainless steel
- Custom Sizing - sections available in one foot increments (5' - 50') to maximize efficiency and prevent additional installation requirements
- Fully prefabricated
- Preassembled gutter sections reduce installation costs
- Tall pad supports - provide additional support for 4" systems with pads over 48" tall
The system comes complete with a water distributor and cover, return gutter, strainer, pump and miscellaneous fittings and fasteners to complete the assembly.
The cells are supported at their base by the special support built into the gutter. The water distributor is composed of rigid PVC pipe with metered outlet holes. Flush-out plugs and connection tees are provided to facilitate cleanout and water connection. All hardware and fittings are provided to ease the installation.
4" and 6" Aluminum System
The aluminum system utilizes quick snap together components for easy installation using a minimum of hardware. The heavy extruded gutter and support are designed to support the pads and carry the water back to a sump with capacities for an 8'x 100' system in 4" pad and an 8'x 80' system in 6" pad. The aluminum top cover is made in two pieces to facilitate cleaning the PVC pipe if clogged.
Acme's 8" PVC transition pump tank is ideal for installation in rocky areas. The Acme high efficiency system is made up of a covered polyethylene transition pump tank, coupling and end cap for 8" PVC pipe (supplied by others ) and a float valve and bracket assembly.
QUALITY CONSTRUCTION AND COMPONENTS...
THE HALLMARK OF PDR 4" AND 6" KOOL-CEL SYSTEMS!
The plumbing package is designed for use with all the pumps for the Kool-Cel systems and includes the necessary plumbing fittings and valve to complete the installation from the sump to the distributor and also contains the water strainer and float valve.
The sump tank cover and tank fittings are furnished by others and should be sized to provide 3/4 gallon per square foot of 4" pad
|These pumps are heavy duty centrifugal, self priming type featuring high volume and low head pressure performance.
||These pumps are submersible type with cast iron housing, polypropylene base and polycarbonate cover. They include a lifetime oil supply and non-clog pumping head and impeller.
Kool-Cel pads are very durable and long lasting. To maximize the life of your pads and keep the efficiency of the original installation, correct any conditions that may be detrimental to the pad.
- Ph of recirculating water (from sump) must be maintained between 6 and 9 (7 is pure water). If these limits are exceeded, the stiffening agents in the pad will leach out and destroy the pad.
- Hard water resulting in Calcium Carbonate deposits on the pad is not harmful, but should be kept within limits.
- Sodium Chloride (salt water) concentrate above 50,000 ppm (approx.) will deposit salt on the pad and reduce air flow. Keep salt concentrates below 50,000 ppm in recirculating water and below 40,000 ppm in make-up water.
- Algae will grow on any surface that is wet and exposed to sunlight. To help prevent algae build up, follow these tips.
- Do not draw make-up water from an open pond. Use well water or chlorinated water from city systems.
- Cover the sump to avoid exposure to sunlight and airborne particles, and to keep animals from drinking it.
- Keep the fans running after the pump is shut off to dry the pads, thus killing the algae spores left on the pad.
- Isolate the water make-up system from any other system.
- Pads should be shaded from direct sunlight.
- If airborne dust and bugs tend to clog the airflow passages, proper operation of the system will normally wash away the clogging.
- When Kool-Cel is installed within reach of poultry or livestock, it should be guarded.
- Bleed-Off - Since the water is continuously evaporating and being replaced by fresh water, the salts and minerals are left behind in the re-circulating water. To reduce the buildup of deposits and scale, a bleed off for the recirculating water is provided.
Following information is available with order upon request:
- Maintenance Guide
- Approved products and chemicals for use with pads
- Edge Coating Treatment
- Mineral Buildup Prevention Guide
- Particulate Removal Capabilities