ABOUT REENHOUSE COVERINGS
U.S. Global Resources offers greenhouse coverings, polyethylene film, rigid panels for greenhouses of all types.
Polyethylene and poly are one of the most popular clear coverings and the poly film for greenhouse coverings are the
Poly greenhouse films comes in many different widths and lengths.
Some poly greenhouse films are double layer poly film.
White greenhouse poly is popular in high light; white poly reduces light.
Our most popular film is Tufflite IV. Tufflite IV poly greenhouse covering is used worldwide.
Tufflite poly comes in 3, 4, 6, 8 mil thickness. We have shipped Tufflite Poly to over 80 countries. Tufflite
greenhouse film is warranted for 4 years but Tufflite has lasted as much as 8 years in some parts of the world.
Lexan polycarbonate is the most popular polycarbonate for greenhouse, industrial applications of all types. We have
offered Lexan polycarbonate for greenhouse and industrial use since 1980. Polygal is our second choice and is also
very popular. Polygal and Lexan are used in both agriculture and greenhouse use. Lexan has more products for the
industrial use. Whether the use is for industrial polycarbonate or agricultural use and whether using Lexan or Polygal,
these two companies have the best polycarbonate warranties. We also have the accessories for Lexan brand and
Polygal line. Polygal offers the outstanding Meg-A-Lock locking system for twin wall and triple wall polycarbonate
Polycarbonate greenhouse coverings are rigid structured panels. Polycarbonate sheets and panels are available in
many different lengths and widths. Greenhouse polycarbonate has life expectancy of 10 to 20 years.
Corrugated polycarbonate not only offers light diffusion. Both corrugated and twin wall polycarbonate have non drip
benefits. Corrugated polycarbonate is very easy to cut and install.
We offer glues, closures and other accessories when customers buy corrugated polycarbonate. Greca corrugated
polycarbonate sheets are the most popular. Sinus corrugated polycarbonate have been replaced by Greca corrugated
panels. Polycarbonate greenhouse panels are also used in many industries.
Polycarbonate is also available in multi wall materials. Twin wall polycarbonate is often referred to double layer polycarbonate panels. Double layer polycarbonate or twin wall polycarbonate reduces heat loss. Heat loss from using
double or triple wall polycarbonate can be as much as 50% when using triple wall polycarbonate panels. The double
and triple wall polycarbonate go up to 24 mm
Acrylic: Acrylic is not only for use in greenhouse, nursery and agriculture, but also very popular industrially because
acrylic is extremely long lasting product. Some acrylic will last up to 40 years. Evonik is the most popular brand and is
product of Cyro Corporation. We have been Evonik and Cyro acrylic agents for over 30 years. Acrylics like
polycarbonate are available in many lengths and width. Whether using Cyro acrylic special accessories are required, not
only to contribute to the very long life of acrylic panels. Acrylics are available in flat sheets, twin wall and corrugated is
available. Acrylic for greenhouse and industrial uses, are quite expensive the benefits are longer life and clarity which is
Insect Screen: Insect screen also often called sun screen, and pest nets are used to cover greenhouses that are
generally simple construction. Insect sun screen nets are made in many different hole sizes. Insect screen and nets
protect crops from anything from large moths to microscopic thrips. The smaller the hole on the insect screen net, the
greater the reduction of air flow. Pest control screens and nets vary in price depending upon size of the hole.
Greenhouses using insect sun screen net fabrics are popular because for organic and environmental reasons. The
results when using these screens and nets reduces pesticide applications. We have insect sun screen nets for most
Shade Material: Shade material is basically used as a shade to reduce on lights in the greenhouse. We have over 200
types of shade screen material, in a variety of colors and offer shade and sun protection from 10% shade to 95% shade.
Shade materials are woven and knitted. Woven materials are least expensive; knitted materials are more expensive but
easier to install. You can fabricate knitted and woven greenhouse shade screens in many different sizes or lengths.
Also we can hem, sew or grommet all material. New shade screens are available in white and black to reflect light,
whereas and knitted material, generally black and shade crops, but also radiate heat.
Metal Roofing and sidewall material. We offer metal structured panels for covering greenhouses used for offices, warehouses, potting areas and head houses. Product comes in a variety of configurations that are both decorative and utilitarian.
We offer a wide variety of greenhouse coverings that include the following:
- Poly/UV/IR/Dripless/White and other colors, 3 mil (75 mm) to 10 mil (250 mm) thickness. Special lengths and special widths to meet all sizes of greenhouse. We also offer a fine Poly Locking System.
- Our polycarbonate structured panels for greenhouse coverings cover a wide variety of options, including clear and colored corrugated panels of both Greca and Sinus and structured panels ranging from 4 mm to 16 mm double and triple wall.
- Acrylic. For those clients that are looking for 30 to 40 year life, heavy impact resistant material and the highest quality greenhouse covering, acrylic greenhouse coverings are becoming more popular particularly with institutions, industrial and garden center buyers.
- Insect Screens. Insect screens come in a variety of lengths and widths and can be fabricated to meet most greenhouse conditions. Insect screens are available to reject such large insects as bees, mosquitos, etc, to extremely small insects such as thrip. SPECIAL NOTE: Insect screens require special engineering and design to compensate for reduced air flow. USGR specializes in engineering and designing of insect screens for all crops in all types of greenhouses.
- Shade Material: We offer shade material and shade systems for all types of applications. Shade Materials come in a variety of materials, woven, knitted, etc, in various colors for special uses and in a variety of shade percentages. We have solid material, or open mesh. We have screens that reflect light for cooling the greenhouse and shade materials that are used internally for shading and heat retention. We offer over 300 options of shading products. All can be fabricated to your specifications.
- Metal Roofing and sidewall material. We offer metal structured panels for covering greenhouses used for offices, warehouses, potting areas and head houses. Product comes in a variety of configurations that are both decorative and utilitarian.
USGR can provide attaching and other accessories for use on greenhouse coverings. We can also provide technical information.