Under Bench Fin Tube
The DELTA-FIN™ aluminum under bench heating system
heats the greenhouse using water temperatures up to 230°F. This system
works by heating the air around the fin tube and distributing heat through
natural convection and radiation through the plants.
The versatility of the materials allows the grower to place the heat
where it is needed, at the plant level. By placing high grade aluminum
under or around the crop to be heated, the tubing, warm from the water
running through it, radiates heat to the soil, roots and foliage of the
Because of the superior transfer capabilities of the DELTA FIN™
even temperatures are maintained throughout the system and the growing
media. The end result is an envelope of warmth around the entire crop
which you, the grower, control.
Two sizes allow for various design considerations:
- TF1 Two fin aluminum material with 3/8" fins is ideal
for climates that have low heat requirements or need closer temperature
control like plug
- TF2 Two fin aluminum material with 1" fins has the added surface
area for more heat transfer for higher heat requirements.
External coupling design enables unrestricted water flow through the
system allowing for longer runs and more even heat. No low flow high
flow conditions inherent of an internal coupler.
Some of the many advantages of the DELTA FIN™ TF systems are:
- Lightweight aluminum construction allows for hanging material
from benches without special support.
- Rugged construction can be supported
on 12 foot OC Hangers.
- External coupling technology for easy installation.
- Requires NO
special tools for installation.
- Does not restrict flows like internal
- Does NOT require Tek screws to hold material together.
- All aluminum
return loops make installation ridged. No
rubber hose required for loops.
- Special barb connection to mainlines
using a minimal hose connection.
- Low water volume allows for
quick response time.
Delta T Solutions can provide a performance engineered heating system
that can meet the needs of any grower. Performance packages include:
Heating system components (heat source, controls, radiation), performance
engineered drawings (pipe layouts and electrical diagrams), installation
supervision, installation (as required).
Contact your local Delta T Solutions Representative for additional details.
The radiating material shall be the following components manufactured
by Delta T Solutions. Inc:
- The Delta-Fin™ TF1 (3/8" fin) and TF2 ( 1" fin) are
7/8" OD aluminum tube with two integral fins that run parallel
to the tube. Each fin tube length has each end prepared to accept the
- Each return loop are Delta Fin™ TF1 or TF2 bent to size based
on required spacing.
- Connection to the main lines is a special barb
connection made of the 7/8" TF1 material (special bends and lengths
- Coupling is a external slip on compression style with two high temperature "O" rings
rated for -60°F to 230°F. (Maximum pressure rating - 100PS1
at 230°F) Coupler patent pending.
- Material is supported from a bench
frame using 16 inch "S" hooks
that support the fin tube without drilling holes through the fin.
|Hot Water Ratings BTU/HR/FT
|Tube Size & Material
|Delta Fin™ TF1
|Delta Fin™ TF2
Maximim water velocity 4.0 ft/sec
Maximum water pressure - 100 PSI at
All material is shipped in 20 foot lengths with each end ready for coupling.
Special lengths available upon request.